Ability to Adjust Ticket Pricing?

bearsroyce

Ability to Adjust Ticket Pricing?

Post by bearsroyce » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:37 pm

*Not meant as a criticism*, because it's the rule in GLBL, but having a static ticket price can also play a role in this (aside from everything else discussed). The game now allows you to set the price in the off-season (I think prior to Winter Meetings) in order to sell season tickets before locking, but then unlocks again during the season so you can adjust/react to your walk-up demand. If you have solid season ticket sales at a certain price the previous season, your success or failure on the field can be used to adjust and sell more (hopefully). That's part one. Then if you do have a slow start, you can adjust your price in the regular season to keep the walk-up traffic (or raise the price if you are consistently sold out. In prior versions the ticket price could be gamed. I sincerely believe it is a lot harder to do now and there are repercussions to wild swings. Having a static price doesn't allow that, so possibly the game just thinks "you" (in the broad sense) are just being obstinent if your season ticket and/or walk-up sales are less than optimum??? As a bottom-dweller at the moment, I would certainly be running them lower than $25 to give people some additional incentive to coming to the park to watch a re-building squad. *Again, just 2c, not a criticism.*

David Jones made this post in general chat and i happen to agree that having the ability to change your ticket prices can be strategic for teams on both ends of the spectrum. it is important for any team to be able to fill their seats. This change allows gms to do this on the fly and be responsible for their attendance.

milwaukee_mike

Re: Ability to Adjust Ticket Pricing?

Post by milwaukee_mike » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:00 am

I'm happy with fixed ticket prices, the problem IMO with GM nominated ticket prices is that some then set unrealistic prices (i.e. charging $1 or $50).

The compromise of course is to then say ticket prices must be within X% of baseline $Y - then this adds work to the commish to continually check.

DavidJ

Post by DavidJ » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:56 pm

As I said in my Slack post, I am happy to abide by the GLBL rules as is. But, I would submit that while the older versions of OOTP were ripe for abuse of the ticket prices, I really do think (strictly my opinion) their new way of handling tickets lessens that exploit. The game will punish you if you swing too widely in price. And in the case of trying to overprice your season tickets, you pay for that all year once that window closes.

And hopefully this takes another step forward with each version?

But again, happy to live within the current rules and to try and maximize my team finances within that framework.
GM Owen Sound Waveriders - April 24, 2019
Canadian League Champions - 2020

commish
Site Admin

Post by commish » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Keep the commentary going guys. Interested to learn the GM's preferences.
GLBL Commish

commish
Site Admin

Post by commish » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Ticket prices will be under GM control as of the next file upload on Monday, March 13.
GLBL Commish