Toronto Trade Block

omniart

Toronto Trade Block

Post by omniart » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:09 am

Toronto has a strong system and is playing for the future. I have a little bit of cash wiggle room ($4 million). I know that a lot of teams are maxed out, cash-wise, and I'm happy to do what I can financially to help make a trade happen. Also, I just feel like trading. Trading is fun. Let's have fun, and make something happen.

Most everybody on my major league roster is available. Heck, I'll even consider trading SS Jerry Barker (but in his case I'd expect quite the prospect haul in return). The following are the players that I figure will interest people the most.

Michael Howard (CF). Not sure what others think of him, but I think that Howard is a neat player. He was my round 4 pick in the draft. He's 28 years old, he's an excellent defensive outfielder (+17.9 ZR in LF last year), and he's fast (30 SB last year). Last season his offense was not good (68 OPS+). He began the season injured, but he's back and in 41 PA he has a 107 OPS+. He has a $3.6 million salary this year; next year is his last season under arbitration. In return, I'll be looking for a 2nd- or 3rd-tier prospect. Perhaps multiple lower prospects. I'm flexible.

Art Hubert (1B). [EDIT: TRADED TO MILWAUKEE].

Tom McLaughlin (SP), Scott Easter (SP), and Mark Bryant (SP). My three best starting pitchers and, uh, I guess that explains why I'm in last place. In return, asking for a prospect who isn't complete crap. Mostly crap, fine. But not completely crap.

Eric Blashill (RP) and Tynan Myers (RP). Blashill is [EDIT: TRADED TO MILWAUKEE]. Myers is 39 and a the very definition of a rental, so same deal as the starters: a prospect who isn't complete crap.