BNN Top 100 Prospects List Updated
Thursday, June 22nd, 2034
With the mid-season mark upon us, now is a great time to update the pre-season BNN Top 100 Prospect list with what we have learned to this point. This year 23-year-old RHP José Gonzáles of the Thunder Bay Caribou is the #1 prospect overall.
Here is the top 10:
1) RHP José Gonzáles, 23, Thunder Bay Caribou
2) 2B Gustavo Gómez, 20, Kingston Comets
3) CF Javier Castillo, 20, Duluth Sea Gulls
4) RF Jon Ellis, 23, Detroit Thunderbirds
5) RF Giovanny Paolillo, 18, Hamilton Mounties
6) RHP Juan Bojórquez, 19, Kingston Comets
7) LHP Manuel Moreno, 24, Kingston Comets
8) RF Ryan Banks, 18, Detroit Thunderbirds
9) SS Steven McRaith, 23, Traverse City Bears
10) RHP Al Dunleavy, 21, Owen Sound Waveriders
You can view the full list in the Top Prospects Report from the reports menu. The Top Minor League Systems Report has been updated as well.
Comets Get Zip in 6-0 Loss to O'Toole
Tuesday, June 20th, 2034
Josh O'Toole of the Hamilton Mounties was on top of his game today.
The 26-year-old tantalized the Kingston Comets with crisp curves and changeups, mixed in with just enough fastballs to keep the batters honest and came away with a 6-0 shutout.
"He had the changeup working," Kingston manager Kurt Peterson said in postgame comments. "You knew it was coming and you still grounded out -- and then he threw it even slower."
The Hamilton hurler had 7 strikeouts, gave up 3 walks and surrendered 5 hits in his complete-game effort.
O'Toole told reporters after the game that "keeping the ball down is the key to being successful in this league."
"If you don't do that, they'll make you pay," he said.
Over the season O'Toole has thrown 97.2 innings and dished out 70 strikeouts with a 7-3 mark and a 2.95 ERA.
View Game Log
Weekly Team Power Rankings
Monday, June 19th, 2034
Here are the current team power rankings for Great Lakes Baseball League:
Teams (Total Points, Tendency):
1) Chicago Architects (133.6, o)
2) Milwaukee Eagles (114.9, ++)
3) Hamilton Mounties (113.6, -)
4) Owen Sound Waveriders (90.4, ++)
5) Toronto Maples (88.7, +)
6) Detroit Thunderbirds (85.0, +)
7) Kingston Comets (82.7, --)
8) Windsor Vigilantes (81.7, ++)
9) Traverse City Bears (79.6, ++)
10) Thunder Bay Caribou (79.3, -)
11) Duluth Sea Gulls (74.2, --)
12) Toledo Neptunes (53.3, -)